On The Ground Leadership
2020 was hard. Uncertainty will continue into 2021. Clear leadership is needed now to reimagine and rebuild our organizations and communities. We call it On The Ground Leadership. One of the things many of us have seen in 2020 is that this kind of leadership must center equity and anti-racism work. Leadership Snohomish County and NewStories have developed learning and unlearning program which we think will do just that.
Is it time for you to discover new ways to offer your leadership? Are you ready to take issues of equity on in new ways? Do you want to discover more about the work you have to do on yourself to be able to lead in times of complexity and confusion? Do you want to learn more about participatory processes which unlock the energy and insights of your system and help people take the next step and the next? This leadership journey starts in2021 and we will announce the schedule soon. There will be 6 Zoom sessions and a cohort of 20 leaders. The plan includes individual coaching sessions with our teachers Zanette Johnson and Rako Fabionar. We invite you into a participatory, not presentational experience. One that is energizing, not pedantic!
- Preparing the Soil – May 25 12-5pm PT
- Pulling the Weeds – June 2 1-4pm
- Enriching the Earth – June 7 1-4pm
- Planting the Seeds – June 15 1-4pm
- Watering the Garden – June 22 1-4pm
- Tending the Sprouts – June 29 12-5pm
This course will be over a eight week period, with time off for holidays and with time for some field work between sessions.
- Begin with a 5 hours session.
- We continue weekly with 3-hour sessions, probably with a week break mid-way.
- We conclude with a 5 hour session
- Each participant will also have two personal coaching sessions with Rako or Zanette.
We are asking you for a significant hunk of your time. We will make good use of it, together.
The very nature of this course requires an honest and equitable pricing structure which recognizes the amount of money participants have to pay to be part a program like this. Our costs for this program are $850/participant.
- For those of you with professional or personal budget for learning, we ask that you pay at least this amount and up to $1500 to help cover the costs of others. Training like this often goes for more than $2500.
- For those of you who would like to pay less, please tell us what you would like to pay and with what payment plan. That will start a conversation.
If this is your work now, we will work with you to be figure out how you can be part of it!
- Co-create and experience a nourishing community of practice and potent learning environment.
- Learn a new vocabulary of narratives and frameworks for understanding the challenges related to equity and regenerative leadership in our own organizations and communities.
- Deepen understanding of the relationship between the imbalances we see ‘out there’ in the world, and the inner work of composting/cultivating your own balance and wellbeing.
- Create multi-step process for pinpointing areas and key actions where you must take greater “self-responsibility” before stepping up to lead change in your community.
- Develop and commit to a plan, including new habits/routines, for strategic collaboration in a specific area of your organizational/work domain.
- Gain tools for perspective-seeking, negotiating difficult conversations, sourcing support from your context, and working with emergent challenges while maintaining embodied presence.